Saturday, May 5, 2012

Pinterest Project #1

Yes!! Finally a well deserved snow day!! After being lazy for a couple of hours and not doing anything yesterday, I finally decided to attempt a pin from one of my Pinterest boards. I chose one that looked simple but yet fun. Simple wasn't even close.. I chose to make some some storage containers. Well, in this project spray paint is used. Being the teenager that I am, I've never used spray paint. So instead of the nice, even layers, I got spots and runs. Oh well! I think it gives it some character!


I picked out five glass jars out the recycling bin that were different shapes and sizes.


Then got rid of all the paper and wrappings; washed them clean.


Proceeded to wrap the jars. This is where my spray painting skills was an epic fail. Practice makes perfect though!


This is what the jar in the picture above looks like now. You can tell my lines aren't perfectly straight with all the smudges. I kind of like it though.


Two of the five finished products. I ended up giving the jar on the left to a friend today and she loved it! At least one good thing came out of this!

If you would like to see the original pin again click herethe website the pin was pinned from, and then here is my Pinterest.

 

Bree


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some sweet thoughts <3